Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Tips
What do I do after my home or business in Ross, OH suffers from water damage? The answer is to call our SERVPRO of West Hamilton/Oxford team for your water damage cleanup and restoration needs! Our SERVPRO of West Hamilton/Oxford team is highly trained and experienced in water damage cleanup and restoration. We offer a quick response to your emergency 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
Scroll down to review a list of do's and don'ts that are important to consider while waiting for our SERVPRO team to arrive. When you are facing water damage, contact our team, and let us return your property back to "Like it never even happened."
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (513) 737-8776
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.